Saturday 22 January 2011

DUKE NUKEM FOREVER gets trailer and release date

Duke Nukem Forever has got its final release date: 3 May 2011 in the USA, 6 May in the rest of the world. There's also a definitely-not-safe-for-work trailer to accompany the news:



Looks like the game will feature plenty of knowing nods to the insane development time (work began on it in 1997). From the look of it this is an old-school first-person shooter where you just blow stuff up. Innovations appear to be somewhat light on the ground (unless you count being able to punch aliens in the nuts as innovative) and there appears to be lots of bad taste involve. Which really just means it's true to the spirit of the franchise.

4 comments:

Unknown said...

I haven't seen anything this funny in weeks. This actually makes me want to buy a new computer so that I can play it.

bascule said...

(unless you count being able to punch aliens in the nuts as innovative)

Maybe innovative, maybe not but as a person who has only ever played about 5 Pc games in my life and who owns no consoles at all. It's enough to get me interested in playing it. Plus the bad taste, that helps too!

Dave Cesarano said...

Everything I have to say about this has already been said, and far better than I ever could, by Yahtzee Croshaw of Zero Punctuation.

JD said...

Your face... your ass... what's the difference?