Thursday 7 December 2006

What's Cooking

What I'm doing at the moment:

Currently Reading: Altered Carbon
by Richard Morgan and The Korean War by Max Hastings
Currently Watching: Battlestar Galactica Season 2 and Seinfeld Season 7 on DVD
Currently Playing: Medieval 2: Total War on PC.

Altered Carbon is a pretty good book, well-written, interesting with a compelling storyline and a good mystery element to it. About 100 pages in so far. The Korean War is a period of history I'm not too hot on and with the recent tensions with North Korea, it seemed like an idea to get into the background of it. Hastings' style is dry, but informative.

Battlestar Galactica is my favourite TV show at the moment, but rewatching the second half of Season 2 is a bit wearying. Got hung up a while ago on Epiphanies and haven't managed to get through it yet. Seinfeld is a great comedy show, not very well known in the UK, but I got into it a while back thanks to late night BBC2 repeats. Season 7 has a pretty funny ongoing story arc (George trying to get out of getting married) and there's some great jokes in here.

I was never a fan of Shogun or Medieval, but Rome was a very good strategy game. Medieval 2 has turned out to be a great playing experience, despite some minor bugs. It's also distracting me from the heartbreaking loss of my Oblivion game saves (along with 25+ hours of playing) when my hard drive blew up a few weeks ago.

No comments: